Welcome to the Phoenix Community Primary Children’s website.
All posts and comments are moderated by the teachers. We educate and practise the highest e-safety rules, so we can model what “appropriate” really means when being a responsible user of the World Wide Web.
More and more learners are being invited and given access to online discussions, forums and comments on blogs. This is wonderful, the classroom walls are open and children have the freedom to make observations and remarks on other student’s posts. With this comes responsibility, it is important for teachers to train children in the ‘art’ of commenting. There are several rules of netiquette they need to follow. They have to understand that this is an extension of the classroom walls and that rules that they follow in the classroom cross over to their behaviour in online environments.
Phoenix Community Primary Online Rules to take part in our j2webby online spaces.
1. Our blog is an extension of our Classroom space.
2. Comments to others should be positive and encouraging, or should follow the school’s ‘2 Stars and a Wish’ feedback format.
3. Never EVER give out or record personal information on your blog. Don’t give out your phone number or home address.
4. Your username (or nickname) should be your first name only. Parents or family members who leave comments should also use first names or ‘Anna’s mum’.
5. Your blog is a public space. Be sure that anything you write is something you are proud of.
6. Never link to something you haven’t read.
7. Take good care of school computers by not downloading or installing any software without permission, and not clicking on ads or competitions.